Home Education California schoolchildren fell ill after eating cannabis candy

California schoolchildren fell ill after eating cannabis candy

27
0

BAYSIDE, Calif. (AP) – Three third-graders at Northern California Elementary School have been hospitalized after inadvertently eating cannabis gum, …

Bayside, California (AP) – Three third-graders at a Northern California elementary school have been hospitalized after accidentally eating hemp chewing gum, authorities said.

The student shared chewing gum with four other children during a snack Thursday at Jacoby Creek Elementary School in the Humboldt County community in Bayside, police and school officials said. They said the student who brought the food to school did not know they contained marijuana.

The three children were taken for medical treatment after they began to show signs of alcohol intoxication, Jacob Creek CEO and director Melanie Nanizi told parents in an email.

All three children have been released from the hospital and are feeling well, Nanizi told the Times-Standard newspaper in Eureka.

The classroom was initially evacuated for fear that children might react to carbon monoxide exposure, Nanizi told parents.

“It was a terrible incident for our entire school community,” Nanizi wrote in an email.

The Arkat Police Department is investigating, Officer Heidi Groshman said.

Moneyman warned parents to keep cannabis products, especially those that look like candy, in a safe place, away from children.

Copyright © 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or distributed.

Source link

Previous articleFaster and more accurate – ScienceDaily
Next articleWireless devices also use tactile feedback to talk to the patient – ScienceDaily