Tooth filling is one of the most famous and standard procedures in dental clinics. But unfortunately, tooth decay is the most common oral disease in society, affecting 90 percent of people now or at some point in their lives.
Our primary care dentists practice completely affordable dentistry, so you can see how good treatment really is. Therefore, we will show you step by step how a tooth filling is made.
What is a dental filling?
Let’s start from the beginning. When we find cavities, we do a filling to get rid of it and keep the tooth healthy. If the filling is not done in time, the infection can spread to the nerve, which means the need for a root canal.
How is a dental filling made?
Join us now to learn how
First, we’ll give you local anesthesia so you don’t feel any pain.
- ELIMINATION OF CARIOUS INFECTION
After the anesthesia wears off, we check the tooth, look for caries and remove damaged tissues.
Depending on how big the cavity is, after it is removed the piece will have a larger or smaller hole to fill. Most often we use a composite that will harden and stay in place when exposed to light.
Once the first steps are taken, we have to fit the shape of the piece to the rest of the teeth to make sure the bite is correct. To do this, polish the tooth.
Tips on how to have a perfect smile
Here are a few things you need to do to get the procedures done to give you the perfect smile:
- The bristles on the brush should be soft so as not to damage the surface of the teeth. You should get a new brush every three months.
- Use dental floss or mouthwash after brushing.
- Reduce your tobacco use or quit for good because it can lead to bad breath, tooth staining, and tooth loss.
- At least once a year, brush your teeth at the dentist.
- Avoid multi-colored foods such as very bright candies.
- Brush three times a day.
- You can not eat or drink sugar in large quantities.
- Minerals and vitamins A, C, D and K can be found in food. This will greatly help to strengthen the teeth.
With the above procedures, we can all have a perfect smile.
The most important thing is to go to the dentist in time to find out what is wrong and choose the best treatment. In addition, you should take care of your teeth and eat right.
Even if you don’t care about your looks, it’s important to smile to make yourself feel better and show the world who you are.
With dental fillings, we can eliminate a dangerous infection in your smile and preserve its appearance and functionality. Trust our dental clinic. Make an appointment and we’ll take care of the rest.
This article may not be republished without permission.