For international students hoping to study in the US, this week has brought very good news.
The Biden administration has announced international student police travel bany will no longer operate: Now students are from banned countries , and consular operations will resume very soon in these countries.
The ban on international student travel has been lifted
Here are the official details:
- International sstudents from Walid and M-1 visas intending to begin or continue the training program beginning or after August 1, 2021, no need to contact the embassy or consulate to look for an individual Exclusion from national interests (NO) to travel. They may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to the start of their academic studies.
- Students wishing to apply for new F-1 or M-1 visas should check the status of visa services at the nearest embassy or consulate; those applicants who are otherwise eligible for an F-1 or M-1 visa will be automatically considered as a NIE for the trip.
As US universities prepare for the fall of 2021
US universities ready haveng implemented safe and effective policies that will protect students while on campus when they return to classroom instruction. International students are planning is coming in the US this fall should have a high level of confidence, knowing that their safety is the number of their school–one priority.
Every week, we see more recommendations from the CDC as they release new and updated instructions that help Americans navigate while staying safe and healthy. Every day, thousands of Americans get vaccinated – this means that schools and businesses can continue to open, and the rhythms of daily life may soon be fully restored. And international students are also eligible for vaccinations on campus.
If you plan to study in the US this fall, don’t procrastinate.
- Embassies around the world are reopening, and appointments will soon be filled. We encourage students to make an appointment as soon as possible.
- May is the perfect time for students to obtain visas: data show that the success rate of obtaining a visa is higher at the beginning of the enrollment process.
- Confirm registration as soon as possible: Early registration offers many benefits, including the first choice of housing options.
International students are a priority in Washington
At the beginning of his reign, President Biden clearly outlined his from above prioritys, and many support international education:
- Effective Covid-19 panswer iseconomic pecoversion, climit chang up isducationand memigration
- Фread the proposed rules unfavorable for international students
- A Guide to Safe Travel Policy
- Possible expansion and H-1B
- An executive order that directs federal agencies to create national guidelines for school rebuilding
Biden also demonstrated support international students through appointment key cabinet members with demonstrated histories of global cooperation, including Secretary of State Anthony Blinken and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mallorcaamong others.
We look forward to further support and significant progress as new politicians and appointments are announced.
This has has been a long way, but we are proud to be able to accept international students this fall. We can’t wait to take you to our campuses across the country!