In this episode v Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dale Bertrand. Dale has been an SEO specialist for Fortune 500 companies and venture capital startups around the world for two decades. He speaks at industry conferences, leads corporate training events, and serves as an entrepreneur for the Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurs Organization.
Basically what Google is trying to do is help people find the information they need – the answers to their questions. As technology and algorithms are constantly changing, the world of SEO as we know it is constantly evolving with them.
In this episode, I talk with longtime SEO specialist for Fortune 500 companies and VC-backed startups, Dale Bertrand, about the evolution of SEO and where it is today, the biggest changes happening, and what you need to do to build trust, build credibility, and rank high on Google today.
Questions I ask Dale Bertrand:
- [2:01] What are the biggest SEO changes you’re following?
- [4:56] Could you talk about what you wrote about – the end of technical SEO?
- [5:43] Do things like keywords in titles, metadata, and your URL matter more?
- [9:14] What is the value of backlinks today?
- [11:41] Do you see it as almost like three content disciplines?
- [15:36] Human influence and desire have not changed, they are just on different journeys. Would you say we just need to remember these principles and apply them to today’s technology?
- [18:04] How should companies find and activate the right influencer?
- [19:15] On SEO-related sites, how valuable are social signals – that is, people linking to you on social platforms like Twitter?
- [20:41] Where can people learn more about Fire & Spark and the work you do?
More about Dale Bertrand:
Take a marketing assessment:
Like this show? Click on and give us a review on iTunes please!
The HubSpot Podcast Network is an audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on how to grow their business.
Running a small business means doing everything. You deserve an internet marketing platform that does the same! Semrush is an all-in-one platform that will lighten your workload. Handle SEO, social media and advertising in one place. Attract new customers, save time and money on marketing and stay ahead of the competition. New to Internet Marketing? No problem! Semrush will help you get started. If you’re ready to grow online, try Semrush for free today at semrush.com/now.
7 steps to grow your consulting practice at no extra cost
Duct Tape Marketing Consultants Network has helped me grow my business significantly 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – The Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, NC