In this episode v Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Daniel Pink. Daniel is the author of five New York Times bestsellers, including his latest, The Power of Regret: How Looking Back Moves Us Forward, published in February. His other books include the New York Times bestsellers When and A Whole New Mind, as well as the #1 New York Times bestsellers Drive and To Sell is Human. Dan’s books have won numerous awards, been translated into 42 languages, and sold millions of copies worldwide. He lives in Washington, DC with his family.
Everyone regrets – it’s human. Understanding how regret works can help us make smarter decisions, be more effective at work and school, and bring more meaning to our lives. In this episode, 5-time NYT bestselling author Danielle Pink joins me to talk about the power of regret and how looking back can move us forward in life. Daniel debunks the myth of the “no regrets” philosophy of life through his research in social psychology, neuroscience, and biology.
Questions I ask Daniel Pink:
- [2:37] How do you actually conduct regret research?
- [3:44] Were there differences between the global product and the American one?
- [4:53] There are posters and tattoos all over the world that say you have no regrets, so how is that positive?
- [6:49] Are you saying that people make mistakes and learn from them?
- [7:42] How did you come to this particular topic?
- [11:44] Could you define what regret is and how it differs from disappointment and guilt?
- [16:51] Could you tell us about the four categories of regret: foundation, courage, morality, and connection?
- [19:35] Do demographic data show that older people regret differently or more than younger people?
- [22:41] How does the research you have done relate to or relate to mental health?
- [25:49] Where can people find out more about you, your book and your work?
More about Daniel Pink:
Take a marketing assessment:
Like this show? Click on and give us a review on iTunes please!
The HubSpot Podcast Network is an audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on how to grow their business.
Have you ever wished there was some way to make all the apps you use at work talk to each other? Or dreamed of automating routine tasks like lead tracking or cross-posting on social media without having to hire a developer to build something for you? Then you’ll love Zapier. Zapier helps marketers make the most of the technology you already use. Connect all your apps, automate routine tasks and streamline your workflow so you can convert more with less chaos. See for yourself why teams at Airtable, Dropbox, HubSpot, Zendesk, and thousands of other companies use Zapier to automate their businesses every day. Try Zapier for free today at zapier.com/DTM.
7 steps to grow your consulting practice at no extra cost
Duct Tape Marketing Consultants Network has helped me grow my business significantly 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – The Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, NC