As health and medical insurance costs continue to rise, so do employee expectations regarding employee benefits. This, combined with an ever-evolving global regulatory landscape, can make it difficult for any HR team and business owner to find, implement and manage benefits packages that remain tailored to the needs of their business and employees. As a result, a growing number of companies are partnering with employee benefits consultants for expert advice on all things benefits-related. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of hiring employee benefits consultant or working with employee benefits consulting firms.
What does a benefits advisor do?
Benefits Consultants offer the best advice on employee benefits and/or corporate insurance matters for businesses of all sizes. An exceptional consultant like Pacific Prime Singapore leverages its benefits expertise and influence to offer clients customized cost-effective solutions.
Renowned employee benefits consultants or employee benefits consulting firms advise, design, implement and manage a wide range of corporate solutionssuch as:
- Employer-provided health insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Health programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Benefits for mental health
- Dental benefits
- Sight advantage
- Property and accident
- Liability insurance
- Worker’s compensation
- Benefits in multiple jurisdictions
- And much more
Why would I need an employee benefits consultant or employee benefits consulting firm?
Whether your business is preparing for a big change, or perhaps you’re an HR manager looking for better ways to stay ahead of your competition in attracting new talent, whatever your main goals and dilemmas are, chief employee benefits consultant or an employee benefits consulting firm is working it’s hard to make sure you have an enterprise solution that really fits your needs. A renowned benefits consultant will come to the table with the following qualities:
Determining whether your current benefits are competitive in your industry can be nearly impossible, as companies often don’t disclose all the benefits they offer. While Benefits Consulting does not reveal the company names or deep solutions of other organizations, they can use their insider knowledge to ensure that you receive the most optimal and competitive benefits.
Cost Containment Council
Comprehensive employee support is in great demand, but ever-increasing premium costs may make it difficult to offer these bonuses sustainably in the long term. A benefits specialist will be able to advise on the most effective cost containment measures to ensure long-term sustainability.
One of the main challenges facing companies in Singapore, according to us Cost of International Health Insurance (COHI) Report, how best to inform staff about their coverage and any changes that will be made. Full-service consultants not only advise on best communication practices, but also greatly facilitate staff training for HR by offering participant orientation, Q&A services, and more.
Extending your HR department
Acting as an extension of your HR department, the best employee benefits consultants can reduce the burden on your team by offering additional services such as data analysis, claims processing, inquiry processing and more – often at no additional cost compared to going directly to an insurance provider.
Dedicated communication point
Implementing benefits for international employees can be a full-time job in itself. Consulting firms with large facilities with multiple offices will allow you to have a dedicated point of contact in different countries or regions of your business.
Last but not least, the more well-known your benefits consultant is, the more likely you are to be in a better position when it comes time to negotiate the most optimal benefits at the best possible price. Respected benefits consultants will give you a major advantage because their influence will be more powerful than if you negotiated with suppliers alone.
How do you choose the right employee benefits consultant?
Employee benefits consultants come in all shapes and sizes, so how do you know you’re choosing the right one? You can start by sending a request for a quote, but it’s also important to consider the following:
- Are they focused on you? A consultant should be able to demonstrate how they can address your strengths and pain points, and how they will make your current processes more efficient. A reputable consultant will guide you through every step of your employee benefits journey, while lower-level consultants may simply get you a benefits package but don’t have the resources to manage and administer the plan on your behalf.
- Are they available? You and your employees should be able to contact your adviser whenever you have any questions about employee benefits. Lower level advisors may not have the staff required to provide 24/7 customer support and usually have sufficient resources to support them during the purchase/renewal period.
- Do they have special knowledge? Look for a consultant who is experienced and has a good track record in the field. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions, like what your current claims data is telling them. If they tell you something that you could have easily found out on your own or from the insurer, then they may not be as knowledgeable as they seem.
What makes Pacific Prime Singapore think it is the best option?
At Pacific Prime Singapore, our unique approach to service is embodied in what we call a broker structure, which consists of three key elements: consultation, policy development and plan administration. Together, these three elements work holistically to ensure we offer an unparalleled service to all clients, regardless of size or industry. Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect from working with us:
- Expert experience: With nearly two decades of benefits administration experience, we have become the benefits consultant of choice for national and international clients.
- Global Footprint: With an extensive network of offices located in China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Dubai and Singapore, and in more than 25 languages, our consultants can meet the diverse needs of all clients, regardless of where they are located in the world.
- Close relationship with all major insurers: As one of the few benefits consultants that all major insurance companies choose to partner with, we use our influence in the insurance industry to negotiate the most competitive premiums and benefits.
If you want to get started with Asia’s leading employee benefits consultant, simple contact with ours workers compensation insurance singapore team so that we can clearly define the relationship with Pacific Premier Singapore can benefit you and your employees today. Get in touch with Pacific Prime Singapore to learn more.